Giro555 relief activities in full swing In december 2017, six months after launching the Dutch Giro555-appeal ‘Help victims of famine’, more than 64% of the funds raised through this national appeal have been spent. The remaining 36% will be spent on emergency aid before the end of February 2018, within one year of the launch […]
More than 400 000 Rohingya have fled Myanmar since the end of August. More than half of the displaced are children. The temporary refugee camps in neighbouring Bangladesh are overcrowded. We provide disaster relief – please help us with your donation. Misery meets misery in the South Asian country. Heavy monsoon rains have flooded the […]
Photo © Keystone / AP/ Dar Yasin.
Geneva, Zürich, Lugano, 27.09.2017 — Hundreds of thousands of Rohingya have fled violence in Myanmar and sought refuge in Bangladesh. The humanitarian situation in the reception camps has reached catastrophic proportions. Several partner NGOs have already dispatched emergency response teams to organise humanitarian assistance and handle the most urgent needs. To fund this assistance, Swiss Solidarity is launching a call for donations.
Press Release Japan Platform to Launch the 2017 Assistance to Victims of the Sri Lanka Floods and Begin Calls for Donations – More than 680,000 disaster victims in need of emergency assistance – On June 6, Specified Nonprofit Corporation Japan Platform (hereafter referred to as JPF; Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo) decided to launch a program for victims […]
The Humanitarian Coalition and its seven member agencies welcome the Government of Canada announcement that for every eligible donation made by individual Canadians to registered Canadian charities between March 17 and June 30, 2017, it will contribute an equivalent amount to the Famine Relief Fund. More than 20 million children, women and families in South […]
15 March 2017 Media Contacts: 020 7387 0200 or 07930 999 014 (out of hours) Donations can be made at www.dec.org.uk or by calling 0370 60 60 610 ** Spokespeople, recent photos and footage are available ** Leading UK aid agencies today [Wednesday 15 March] announced a joint fundraising appeal to help millions of people facing hunger in East Africa. More than […]
14 March 2017 Consortium 12-12, EAA’s member in Belgium, launched an appeal for the victims of the famine in South Sudan and those in Yemen, Somalia and Nigeria who are threatened by extreme hunger. 20 million people, of whom 1.4 million are children, are suffering from severe malnutrition and are at risk. According to the United Nations, this is […]
14.03.2017 Famine has been officially declared by the UN in South Sudan, and the situation in Nigeria and Somalia is critical. The worst drought in 60 years is being considerably aggravated by armed conflicts in some regions. Swiss Solidarity and its partner organisations on the ground in the region are raising the alarm. The race […]
10 March 2017 – EAA Members Press Statement ‘We call on the international community not to delay the urgent humanitarian response that is needed to avert catastrophe in East Africa, Northern Nigeria, and Yemen. The consequences of inaction are unthinkable. Our networks of humanitarian agencies are delivering lifesaving aid across the countries where people are facing […]
8 March 2017 Radiohjälpen, EAA’s member in Sweden, has restarted its Hunger Aid campaign in the face of hunger, famine, and the greatest need for food aid seen in decades. Over 20 million people suffer from hunger in many countries South of the Sahara and in Yemen. During this year, an estimated 70 million people […]
Giro-555, EEA’s member in the Netherlands, launched its appeal to Help Famine Victims on 6 March. The Appeal focuses primarily on Yemen, Northeast Nigeria, Somalia and southern Sudan, where there is the worst hunger. According to aid agencies, 20 million people are affected. For the first time in six years, the United Nations officially announced famine in […]
Over 21 million people in Ethiopia, Somalia, Nigeria, Kenya and South Sudan alone are suffering from hunger. The alliance of German aid organisations, “Aktion Deutschland Hilft”, is urgently providing 100,000 Euros from an emergency aid fund to help tackle the catastrophe. “The alliance is launching an urgent appeal for funds to alleviate the dire emergency”, […]